Quercetin 300mg 100 capsules
Quercetin is a potent antioxidant with anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, and antiviral benefits. It can also be used to reduce allergy symptoms.
Quercetin and Covid-19
- Researchers recommend administering quercetin with vitamin C, because vitamin C helps recycle oxidized quercetin, thereby producing a synergistic effect and enhancing quercetin's antiviral capability
- Quercetin promotes SIRT2, thereby inhibiting the NLRP3 inflammasome assembly involved with COVID-19 infection. It also transports zinc across cellular membranes
- Quercetin binds to the spike protein of SARS-CoV (the virus responsible for SARS), thereby inhibiting its ability to infect host cells. It has also been identified as one of several molecules most likely to inhibit the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein from interacting with human cells
- Quercetin also inhibits platelet aggregation, and many COVID-19 patients suffer abnormal blood clotting
- Turkish researchers are currently conducting a nonrandomized trial on quercetin. COVID-19 patients are receiving 1,000 mg of quercetin per day as an active treatment, while front-line health care workers are receiving 500-mg doses as a prophylaxis